Question

Option for Removable of Enroll to Course

• 9 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello! 

I’ve been receiving alot of feedback that about the accessibility of courses. For instance, if someone is searching for a piece of content based on a topic, if they are not enrolled, it will take 5 clicks to actually begin learning (Click on result > click on enroll > Click start learning now from pop up > Click content > actually begin learning). 

This is a HUGE barrier to learning and our audience is use to 1-2 clicks to get into content. For those pieces that need to be accessible to everyone quickly (ex: DEI materials, company values, company benefits, etc) how can I remove some of these clicks without enrolling the entire company into the course? I’m utilizing the Advance Properties > Social & Learning > Course Enrollment link when sharing content which corrects this but does not correct it if someone is organically trying to find the material themselves. Any ideas? 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Not sure there’s an easy answer to this @dandrews .

At some point the user has to enrol on the course and you’ve identified the three methods:

• they enrol themselves
  • you auto enrol by group/branch.
  • you send them a link that enrols them and lets them start the learning.

for things like our core values learning, that we want all our colleagues to view, we use auto enrol rules by group/branch and have that course added in a catalogue widget on the home page.

Userlevel 4

Thanks @Stephen.Barton. If comfortable, can you share a screenshot of how you use the widget on the home screen? Interested to see the user experience. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Userlevel 4

Thanks @Stephen.Barton ! Another question - how did you build those small boxes at the top? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

the format/layout of the navigation bar is controlled by code in the CSS (admin > Configure Branding and Look&Feel >CSS)

------------------------------------------------

.signal-nav {
   display: flex;
   justify-content: space-between;
background-color: #eaeaea;
}
.signal-nav a {
   display: block;
    width: 20%;
    padding: 15px 10px;
    text-align: center;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    color: #00A9CE;
    font-weight: 700;
    font-size: 14px;
    background-color: white;
    margin: 0 1px;
}

.signal-nav a.active {

background-color: #0abde3;

color: white;

}

------------------------------------------------

insert a HTML/WYSIWYG content box on each page where you want the navigation bar to appear:

enter the html that a) calls the CSS code and b) confirms the links where the user is taken to when they click an option:

<div class="signal-nav">
<a class="active" href="https://kennedyslaw.docebosaas.com/">Home</a>
<a href="https://kennedyslaw.docebosaas.com/learn/catalog">Search KITE</a>
<a href="/pages/17/kennedys-training-catalogue">Browse Training Catalogues</a>
<a href="/pages/67/my-learning-activity">My Activities</a>
<a href="/pages/65/request-help">Request Help</a>
</div>

Userlevel 4

Amazing! I’ll give this a shot.