Best Answer

Preventing session self-enrollment

• 25 March 2022
  • 3 replies

HI everybody,

I’m new to the Docebo platform so maybe I’m missing something here. For what I saw, even if you set an ILT course so that only admins can enroll users into it, enrolled users can still self-enroll freely into course sessions. So my question is: is there a way to prevent students, already enrolled in an ILT course, from self-enrolling into sessions of said course? So that only their manager/power user or superadmin can enroll them into course sessions?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 25 March 2022, 19:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @LeGiac not that I know of.

You could set your min. & max. options to a very low number or “1” and fill the spot with a placeholder user (test user) and then enable the Waitlist feature. This would allow you to control who can attend what session.

Or you can set your Enrolment Deadlines to the current day minus 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We do the enrollment deadline option to handle this, note you want to do current day minus 1 otherwise it stays open for a period of time on the day you make it.

The sessions show to the users enrolled in the session, so it works out logistically. We do this to prevent people form different regions enrolling into region specific courses, so we hanlde the enrollment programatically and then the Instructors can always manaully add select users too.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have set the Self Enrollment Deadline, but in order to give them more instructions I auto-enroll everyone in the course in a HOLDING SESSION. 

This informs them that they will be enrolled on a Tuesday once they have reached at least 50% complete of the Learning Plan courses into the Thursday session and removed from the work schedule so they can attend. 

We run the Learning Plan report Tuesday morning, and switch session enrollments for those that met the criteria.

Note that although the session will be a Microsoft Team meeting (VIRTUAL) the Holding session shows the company’s home office location. And the holding session is scheduled for 01/01/2022

We just started this, so I’m sure I will learn some way the learners can still mess this up.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.