Skip to main content

This is not in the online help.  After months of trying to figure this out, I was able to determine the cause.  I hope this saves people from hours of researching.

The problem: the Survey report is duplicating the survey data. 

The cause: Because I am using Branches and just said all survey data, it is reporting both at the root (top) level as well as at each branch level. Thus, duplication.

The solution: There is no way to exclude the top level. As a workaround, I specifically selected all the Branches below it.  (I’ll need to be careful in the future if I add a new branch that I remember to include it in the report spec; however, I can catch omissions by checking the survey completion sequential ID.)

The result: I get the data once, by branch, instead of duplicated (it’s nice to have it by branch for analysis.)

ALSO: when a user is inactivated because they left the company, their surveys are not longer in the Survey report.  Personally, I think history is history and it should include it, but it does not.  The only workaround there is to run the report monthly and append each month to a master Excel file and not always run it inception-to-date. (I don’t have the other modules of Docebo for learning statistics. I run the report and use BI.)

@ncattle Have you reported this to Support? They should review your findings to see if it is a defect.

hmm, never noticed but will keep an eye for that…interesting that this report doesn't have the same options as the others where you can choose to include (or not) inactive users...may be worth logging an idea…

from User - course report

@KMallette   Yes I submitted the ticket a couple of months ago. They had not figured it out. I told them my conclusion and closed the ticket. I also put this in the Community as an idea for enhancement.

@lrnlab Thanks for sharing that image. Yes, that would be perfect to have in this case. I can add that suggestion to my Idea post.

@ncattle do you have the link to your idea post so I can vote it up please? Thx

Here is the link.  I copied your text and image. 😀