Question

User Name Changes

• 8 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

How do you handle name changes that change the username, and what are some of your  standard practices with that as well?

example: User 123 = (username) U123, then changes their name to U 1234 = U1234.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Depends on how your company is set up to manage users...if you work manually, the CSV import tool has an option to update the usernames. If you’re more complex and use a connector or automated solution, you would need to check your rules and logic to know whether that type of change is allowed or being done automatically. I have used the CSV import to do this manually and it works like a charm.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab We use a mix of both. Currently we are wanting to automate this but take care of it manually. If someone gets a name change in our company they get a brand new email then when they log into Docebo its as if they are a new user logging in for the first time. 

I’m not sure how we could catch that in Docebo, or if there's functionality that can catch that for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@generic name I think your input file would need a record of the old username included so that it could understand that it’s the same person otherwise you will always have duplicates...Do you merge your dup profiles? I'm assuming you use some kind of automated connector…??

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab currently we have to merge the the duplicates manually. We have our Active Directory that sends the user file and Docebo picks that up and updates as needed.