Users can't find the Join button for ILTs

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For our ILTs we only schedule a single Zoom session. We’re finding that users are having some trouble getting to the Zoom meetings because they do not think to click on the session information to find the “Join” button. They usually just scroll down to the description and assume that the webinar is unavailable. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Any suggestions for workarounds are appreciated!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @nicole.roman can’t say that we ever had this issue...you might try adding a bit of text in your enrollment confirmations...We have language that says, “...when you’re ready, click the Join Webinar button to launch the session...”

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The only way I can find to do this would be to remove the “hidden” class that is the default for this element:

#panel- > div.panel-collapse.ng-star-inserted

That would require Javascript or JQuery, which is currently not supported. There are several suggestions for Javascript on the ideas portal that you could upvote to help get this functionality added.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

HI @nicole.roman can’t say that we ever had this issue...you might try adding a bit of text in your enrollment confirmations...We have language that says, “...when you’re ready, click the Join Webinar button to launch the session...”

@lrnlab We will be adding similar language as well but I wanted to check just in case there was a better solution. Thank you again! :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The only way I can find to do this would be to remove the “hidden” class that is the default for this element:

#panel- > div.panel-collapse.ng-star-inserted

That would require Javascript or JQuery, which is currently not supported. There are several suggestions for Javascript on the ideas portal that you could upvote to help get this functionality added.

@elamast I see! Thanks for letting me know! This may be a silly question but how do I get to the ideas portal?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

[...]

@elamast I see! Thanks for letting me know! This may be a silly question but how do I get to the ideas portal?

Here’s a super-quick video:

https://www.loom.com/share/e10393be329a4dab8d1f59aadbd45d40

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This is an issue for sure. It’s not intuitive for many of my users to click on the dropdown arrow that reveals the ‘Join Webinar’ button. I tried as @elamast did to figure out a way via css but to no avail. A lot of the UI quirks of Docebo could be solved on our end via some custom javascript. Qualtrics is an example of a web app that allows users to inject custom javascript upon page load, which has come in handy for us as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I agree, this has generated helpdesk tickets and complaints from my end users also.

As a minimum the panel should be open if only one session, and if multiple then the first opened.

Ideas portal is clunky and I cannot explain why sometimes it opens and works and other times it does not. I will try again to support and vote, or add this into it if I cannot see it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@nicole.roman we have observed the same issue.

We have put detailed instructions in the ILT/webinar notification email, explaining that users have to expand the session details to see the join button.

I’ve created an enhancement request on the ideas portal for that issue over a year ago, it already has over 160 votes - LMS-I-2362, unfortunately it’s still in the “Product Owner Review” status.

Userlevel 4

We also have put in detailed instructions in the notification email, but there are still some people who have trouble seeing the join button. I will definitely go and vote for the enhancement request.

Userlevel 3

Hey Nicole,

Is it that they can’t find it or its not there at all? We have an issue where a small population of our users are missing the join button altogether. We have to go into the admin side > enrollments and move them to Started and back to Not Started to get it to appear. It has something to do with moving from a waitlist into a session, but its not everyone and its been very hard to replicate.

Also, we changed some language in the localization tool so that learners see this! Hope both of those things help!

NOTE: we are still using the Webinar course type and not virtual within the ILT course type (for now)

Userlevel 3

We are definitely having the same issue now that we are switching over to the ILT course type. We thought about making the Event name something like “Click Here To See More Details” so they would know to click and expand, but than that doesn’t look right on the enrollment screen. 

Anybody have any new ideas / solutions here yet by chance?

Userlevel 3

Also, how do we make this an enhancement request now that the ideas portal and this site live in harmony?

Userlevel 3

@nicole.roman - I see you used the localization tool to make some updates to the “you must complete x/x events for credit” from another post. Great idea!

Badge

@carol.johnson2 do you remember where in the localization tool you were able to add the ‘CLICK TO JOIN’ box (circled in your image below)? I’ve been able to amend the test in the ‘orange’ box with instructions - thanks so much for the tips!

Userlevel 3

@lupton - it was an option for Webinar courses. It is not available for ILT courses. We’ve done the same...we’ve amended the text and changed the color of the box above.