Question

Volunteer/Employee Engagement

• 22 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi!

As background, we have our LMS under one domain and are using the sub-domain feature to create different “platforms” with customized links for external organizations to use. They can use their platform however they like (for volunteer learning/staff learning/client learning etc). Their platforms are managed by a designated power user who is affiliated with their organization. 

Right now we have gotten a few requests to use the platform for volunteer/staff engagement. So I was wondering if anyone would like to share few ideas as to how the LMS can be used to influence, retain, and increase volunteer/employee engagement (through discover coach,  & share, course modules, gamification or any other feature you are aware of) in relation to sub-domains.. I’ve been on the platform for ~3 months and so I’d be interested to know if anyone has used the platform in this way/ if you have tips & tricks regarding retention and engagement. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Pravina - hi….what a nice broad question.

Increasing engagement with an LMS usually boils down to a few key things - with a primary focus on how you are going to measure engagement.

Start with the end in mind - what looks like success for that broad ask. Once defined?

You can go down the road easier.

Very quickly after, you may want to know what kind of budget you have access to support the initiative.

Some common strategies are offering:

• elective learning that can genuinely help your audience (a tip - soft skills learning and MS Office Training will often bring the masses in if your folk are working in offices).
  • incentivize your learning (give the person something for taking the training on the platform like continuing education credits).
  • leverage the gamification layer if it is part of your culture to compete on things like it (what team has completed it first).

These are just a few ideas that I hope that help.