Best Answer

Widget link to reports

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have power users that I would like to create a widget that shows only on their homepage that links via url to the exact report they need to run without them having to go in to do all the fiddly stuff.  Is this feasible?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 14 March 2024, 15:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

if all your PUs have access to the same reports you can easily create a custom widget that links to the reports app. You will need to create a custom page and menu for these PU’s if you only want them to have access to the widget.

If you want to send them to a specific report, you should be able to grab the custom link when you’re in the report and add that to your widget however you will need 1 widget/report link. + you might need additional pages and menus depending on who you want to provide access to, etc.

Userlevel 3
Badge

When I create the Custom page and menu for this does it need to sit in a specific order within the Manage Menu section?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you may need to do that...when you test, if you find that your test users are not landing on the right page there may a conflict in your menu visibility settings so moving menus around can solve that. from what I observed, Docebo works from the top down to align a user to a menu.