Had a chance to get a sneak peek with my CXM. She is cool.
Here are some quick random thoughts on the User experience.
- 4 reports – that not horrible. Most Managers will want to know what people are taking and courses and learning plans. So cool.
- Not alphalisted (good!)
- Would be nice to turn off a report or two (for example: we are not an ILT shop, so turning off Users Sessions helpsp).
- Note the Users – Courses report is an “all or nothing” (that custom aligns the hierarchy, suspiciously? You cannot select your users)
- Note you cannot also select your courses (opinion - cough that’s a big miss!) – so people with deep learning profiles/learning histories? They are going to have to go to excel and manipulate a lot.
- Conspicuously, no filtering options other than enrollment status (opinion - cough another miss).
Would not be that big of a miss IF the Superadmin could push a custom configured report to the Managers role to use. But we cant - yet . Take a look below - no change.
- Also – no way to turn this on or off. It is just available via the Teams tool (opinion - a big miss).
As a feature long awaited for? I think honestly its a start. But overall my thoughts? You need to take first baby steps in the right direction to start walking.
I hope I am not popping the bubble that loud. Happy holidays.
Wholeheartedly agree with this summary of the UI. I was excited to hear this feature was coming, but it is underwhelming and I will NOT be directing our managers to use it. It seems simple enough that a manager should be able to filter by course, since often they are trying to see who is yet to complete a required compliance course. Instead, they see everything and would need to manipulate in Excel. Big miss!