Question

Can a course ever be set to never show that it's completed?

• 10 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have created a separate page for our facilitators that contain their teaching notes. It’s a catalog widget so that these courses (we call them modules) don’t clog up their homepage. Here’s my question: The first time a facilitator opens the course/module it pops right into the iFRAME content. However, from then on, every time they want to go back to this, they course/module completed message. Is there a way to turn this off? I want them to just hit the iFRAME Training Material every time without the extra mouse click. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve only done this by basically making a broken scorm package so that it never communicates status or completion status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can hide that banner but it does not remove the need to click into the course.

I fear we would need another mechanism besides CSS to facilitate that event.

If only we could do something similar to this and just click into the course for them.

I could see myself trying to test little nuggets like this for a specific page to accomplish what you’re trying to do. There’s no button by that name that I am aware of but it is the concept I am driving at.

// FYI - this is not supported code - do not try this

$(document).ready(function(){
$("#startBtn").click();
});

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I can hide that banner but it does not remove the need to click into the course.

I fear we would need another mechanism besides CSS to facilitate that event.

If only we could do something similar to this and just click into the course for them.

I could see myself trying to test little nuggets like this for a specific page to accomplish what you’re trying to do. There’s no button by that name that I am aware of but it is the concept I am driving at.

// FYI - this is not supported code - do not try this

$(document).ready(function(){
$("#startBtn").click();
});

Yeah this is the great, ‘if only’ would solve so many platform limitations currently. That’s why I break the package.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

… and I would be the guy who needs a perpetually open ticket to have my platform fixed from the backside cuz I keep breaking it. LOL

I could get good use out of a sandbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

… and I would be the guy who needs a perpetually open ticket to have my platform fixed from the backside cuz I keep breaking it. LOL

I could get good use out of a sandbox.

I keep forgetting you don’t have one, super useful for sure especially if doing those things. Maybe even an understandable pre-requirement for it.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks so much to you both, I’ll test the broken SCORM idea. 
Much appreciated,
Nicole