Skip to main content

Effectively collecting course feedback

• 2 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m curious to hear how others here are collecting feedback on your courses or learning programs. Currently, we have an MS Form that we embed in our eLearning courses, which we use to get level 1 feedback. Each course uses a copy of this form. The challenge with this approach is that the survey data for each course exists in different forms, which makes aggregating the data difficult and time consuming. Especially when you have tens, if not hundreds, if not thousands of courses.

I was considering using a single form where learners would enter the course title, but in my experience you get too much variation between course titles that it becomes difficult to link survey results to specific courses without an extensive clean up. The other option would be to have a drop-down where folks can select a course, but then you end up with a laundry list of courses. Are there other solutions I’m not thinking of? What is the best way to collect feedback across multiple courses in a way that is easy to aggregate?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is a great question and something that we struggle with as well. We utilize the Survey Training Material and have a standard course evaluation at the end of every single course. This does mean that we have the responses in separate places. However, our data science team uses the API to query the courses for the survey responses and works on aggregating them in Power BI for visualization. I will confess that this has been a challenging experience due to the number of API calls and the volume of data returned. Transforming the data from the JSON to something that makes sense has been a real challenge.

I’m very curious to hear how others collect feedback on coruses!