Email Notifications changing on their own

Userlevel 6

Hello,

We are having a few issues with email notifications:

• Schedules are automatically changing to either 1 day or 1 week after the event; removing whatever was set previously
  • When editing or creating a notification with a schedule, after sitting Save, the schedule changes to 7 days automatically, regardless of what we input as the correct number of days after the event

It seems that this is mainly affecting emails that have schedules, like “Learner has yet to complete.”

Anyone else facing these issues?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sounds like you signed up for the ‘Ghost in our instance’ add-on package.

The only time I had seen this actually happening, we traced it to an admin who was just looking around and did not realize the changes he was making. This happened especially in the notifications area because of how weirdly the templates load and such. 

Is this something in the audit log? I can’t remember.

Userlevel 6

It certainly feels like a ghost. Yeah we’ve run the audit trail with support a few times, and are unable to find a log for these changes. It keeps selecting a specific cadence to change too (1 day or 1 week). 

Very frustrating, support is shooting for an 8/25 fix - but that is a month without functioning notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It certainly feels like a ghost. Yeah we’ve run the audit trail with support a few times, and are unable to find a log for these changes. It keeps selecting a specific cadence to change too (1 day or 1 week). 

Very frustrating, support is shooting for an 8/25 fix - but that is a month without functioning notifications.

I assume they had you try disabling one of the notifications it was happening to and create a new one and see if it happened?

If you have a fix date though sounds like support found an issue that may be specific to your instance and is working on it.

Userlevel 6

Yeah, when creating a new notification with a schedule, it instead auto reverts to it’s own schedule.

I.e. selecting 60 days after the event, after hitting save and activate - it would instead show 2 days after the event after saving.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, when creating a new notification with a schedule, it instead auto reverts to it’s own schedule.

I.e. selecting 60 days after the event, after hitting save and activate - it would instead show 2 days after the event after saving.

That sounds….not ideal.

I already don’t trust notifications very much, you’re making me more nervous. Please keep the ghost over there :)

Userlevel 6

Can’t wait for the overhaul to notifications

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Can’t wait for the overhaul to notifications

100% for now I outsource them as much as possible

Userlevel 4
Badge

Well I thought I was crazy. Setup some “send 1 hour after” email notifications on Friday. Today I look and they all say “send 3 hours after”.  What in the world is going on?  Sent in a ticket about it, but not very pleased. 

Yes has happened to me too. I am a new user, but two notifications changed on their own from 14 and 11 to 1 and 2 days. I cannot change them back to original day delay. I tried changing it through different ways, different log ins, re-creating them. It doesn’t work. I will raise a ticket.

Userlevel 6

@lulu we’re looking at a 8/25 fix date