Learning Plan Alignment

• 22 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6

Just a friendly heads up, if you are actively using Learning Plans, I highly recommend sending support a message twice a week to run the “Learning Plan Alignment” API call as chat calls it.

When you enroll users into Learning Plans whether manually or automatically, there are chances where they will show enrolled into the Learning Plan, but aren’t enrolled into any of the courses of the Learning Plan. When you do, ask for the Response Body so you can see which Learning Plans were affected, and how many users were affected.

Support says its some deep rooted issue that can't be fixed soon so this is the only remedy. It’s totally sporadic and no way to detect which users would be affected by it. Hope this helps!

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Whoa!  This is news to me and we use quite a few learning plans.  Does this appear in known issues anywhere?  I haven’t seen it.

I’ll make my first request today and see what happens… Thanks for the heads up!

Userlevel 6

Sure! Have not seen it posted anywhere publically so thought I would make a post. Additionally it seems to be an API call only support can run.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

How have you been remedying those affected? Do you re-enroll them repeatedly in the path until it takes?

Just curious.  Every learner in our platform selects a learning plan upon registration so this is a major issue for us.

Userlevel 6

That's what the API call does that they run - it’ll properly fix the enrollments so whoever enrolled into the Learning Plan properly gets the courses. 

The only thing is you don’t know who is affected, and chat won’t put the call on a schedule so you have to reach out to them every couple days or everyday in some cases to ask them to run the call (fix) manually.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The report listed 109 and only 82 fixed for one learning plan and others did not get the total of missed fixed as well.  Has that been the case for you or have all the misses been fixed in your learning plans per the report?

Userlevel 6

All have always been fixed, I would open a support ticket 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sure! Have not seen it posted anywhere publically so thought I would make a post. Additionally it seems to be an API call only support can run.

Definitely one of the secret known things….I know some were told for a while to just adjust a rule every once and a while too, even if it was just changing it temp and back to what it was to re-trigger and catch some.