Question

Notificacions (considering the date users started the course)

• 5 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello community, 

I am relatively new to Docebo and I have some questions and I hope you can give me some ideas or know if Docebo has this scope:

We have thought about a strategy to increase the number of users that complete our current programs, in the first instance we think that sending notifications/reminders is a good option, I see that there are some options for notifications to let users know that they need to finish a course, however, I think they are not nuanced and send them to all users regardless of the date the users started the course, that is, I want to send a notification but there will be users who just started three days ago (in progress status) so it would not make sense to send it and we certainly do not want to bother them with this type of notifications (for now), I wonder if there is any other option, I just do not know if you know if other teams send this type of notifications or there is a possibility to delimit this.

I have thought about the possibility of creating groups, but in the same way it does not discriminate the time between that they are enrolled and let in or that they have not started. 

Note: users are external 

And another of my questions is there any way to run reports exclusively for a certain period of time for example March, the recurrence I know you can do monthly, weekly, etc., but it is YTD reports.

I appreciate your experience and comments!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

This page gives an overview of the available notifications.

Notification events and conditions – Docebo Help & Support

The Learner has yet to complete a course notification is based on enrollment date. It can be a double edge sword as it does not back date. Meaning if people have been enrolled for a month and you set it to notify people that have been enrolled a week, then it will only notify the ones enrolled a week, and not the ones enrolled earlier.

I used this one a bit, but it was painful because I had to have a notification for week 1, week 2 and so on.

The digest notification, Learner has yet to complete a course was more helpful and flexible. One notification could cover multiple courses in one email. It is interval based, not on enrollment.

Yes, you can run reports for specific periods.