Webex, Teams or Zoom

• 17 June 2022
  • 4 replies

We have been researching setting up vILT for client and employee courses and am wondering if anyone has any information they can give on which integration (Teams/Webex/Zoom) has been working the best for them.

We don’t want to do anything too complicated and we want our experience to be as simple as possible for both our users and our administrators.  I’ve been reading everyone’s comments here in the community and I feel like I am more confused now.

Any tips before I get started?

Thanks in advance for any input you can give this newbie!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @pross 

We tried to use the Webex integration, but found that it did not work because we have an enterprise Webex account that is accessed via SSO. See here for more info about this issue:

As a workaround, we create our Webex meetings/events in Webex itself, and then paste the links into the ILT events as a “custom video conference tool”. This results in a perfectly good user experience - the learners can still access the webinar via the Join session button, and it’s just as easy to upload the recordings afterwards. The main difference is that you can’t create the webex sessions from within Docebo.

Alan

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’m also interested in others users experience with this.  We have only rocky experiences with any VC tool interfacing with Docebo.  If anyone has a relatively smooth experience that doesn’t require the instructors to create their own sessions in the VC tools, I’d be interested in learning how you have configured it and what your process looks like.

Userlevel 3

We have a Zoom integration but havent tried Webex. As for Teams, even though our company uses it a lot, we chose not to use it for training so participants wouldnt get distracted by Teams chat. As for the Zoom integration, you do need an enterprise account but we were lucky enough to have one within our agency we could use so we didnt have to pay the full cost.

The way the integration works for us, is you basically get a dropdown to select the account you want to use when you setup the vILT and it then sets up the meeting info for you in Docebo and also sets up the meeting on the Zoom calendar. You just need to plan to make sure that someone with the Zoom login credentials is able to log in to moderate or you have to share the login with your instructor. Other apps (like Bluejeans) lets a meeting start without a moderator to login which gives you more flexibility but it isnt as powerful as Zoom.

The Zoom config is pretty easy. You’ll need the admin for your Zoom account to give you the URL for the account plus the Client ID and Secret ID which you’ll use to setup the connect in the integration. There are just a couple settings to configure like limiting the maximum capacity for the room and determining if you want to allow concurrent meetings. Your Zoom admin should be able to tell you which options to use. We were setup in only a few minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So we use Adobe Connect and the Custom link option mostly, waiting for the new and improved Zoom connection to be released that allows for attendance tracking and handling all the different user account types.

I wouldn’t wish Connect on anyone, not related to Docebo, entirely that platforms fault.

So for the easiest right now, mostly use the custom type and just drop in the correct links for meetings, i.e. zoom or teams. Make sure to encode the password into the links, and then users just click join and are redirected to the right meeting.

Once the new Zoom connection architecture is launched, I will instantly move to that as it handles many of the existing issues in an elegant way.