Global LMS, Learning Plans, and ECommerce

• 23 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone!

I am the Super Admin for an LMS which is under configuration. I am checking to see if anyone currently works with an extended global enterprise system which sells licenses to schools (or something similar)? Here are some questions I have:

1. How have you set up your courses when there are multiple students who are using them from different schools? For example: School A is taking the same course as School B and School A and B are in different countries with different instructors.
  2. In a multi-school example, how do you handle your reporting structure? Do you focus on subscription reports (ex: you put together a report and it is sent out every Thursday to the email of the recipient) or are there more permissions you place around your reporting?
  3. Does anyone use the learning plan feature as a ‘text book,’ where your courses are really like lessons which make up a ‘textbook,’ for the students enrolled? If so, what does the process around creation, reporting, etc. look like for you (as a superadmin, instructor, etc.) in this scenario?

If anyone has any additional questions about the question I am asking - let me know! I would also love to speak with people who have multiple countries in their system and are selling to individual schools within them.

Thank you!

Carrie

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi Carrie

How have you set up your courses when there are multiple students who are using them from different schools? For example: School A is taking the same course as School B and School A and B are in different countries with different instructors.

We’re setting up our platform for sales training, where we have multiple customers who can access the same content as others.

Looking at your set-up mentioned above, we could say our clients are like students; then School A/School B could be different companies.

In User Management, we’ve set up Branches based on what courses/pages a specific user group will have access to. E.g. Course A, Course B, Course C

Whichever user has purchased Course A will be placed into that Branch.

Course A Branch will see different menus/pages than Course B. So, we have 7 different Branches setup - meaning I’ve duplicated pages/menus and have updated each to make sure the right user is seeing the right thing.

I’ve also leveraged Groups and Enrolment Rules to help automate things further.

For the different countries, I would say when setting up the user to set the correct Time Zone. I’m not sure where you’d set up language/translation.

The Instructors are users that have been set-up (not sure if there’s a specific user level they need to be, but we use Admin). When you’re setting up the ILT courses, you can assign the Instructors on the Session or Event level - I’ve been setting them up on the Event level.

Hope some of the above helps!