What can I find in Community Feedback?

• 20 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Welcome to the Community Feedback Category!

This post explains the purpose and themes within this category.

What is this category about?

This category is for you to share any and all thoughts about Docebo Community. We truly value your feedback and want to know what we can do better – or what you think we’re doing well. 

What can I do here?

Share any advice you have for us! If you believe something is missing or we are missing the mark, please let us know! By encouraging you to share your thoughts in this category, we hope that we can invite transparent and collaborative conversation around the ways that we can bring more value to the members of this community.

You can post Questions and Conversations in any category. Conversations are the most common type of post in this category.

Questions are in Q/A format. They can have best answers, which give points to the user that posted the solution and highlights the answer for everyone to easily find. Make sure to mark an answer as best if it solves your problem.

Conversations are for open-ended discussion. Got something you’re curious about discussing, or looking for opinions? Start a conversation, and see who joins in.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not that I’ve run into this yet, but I could foresee asking a question here and finding out it’s not possible. I would love the ability to “tag” or “link” a conversation thread to an Idea in the Idea’s Portal. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Agreed with @dreilings here! Linking to the Ideas Portal would be great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Not that I’ve run into this yet, but I could foresee asking a question here and finding out it’s not possible. I would love the ability to “tag” or “link” a conversation thread to an Idea in the Idea’s Portal. 

This is great feedback @dreilings @danwinter. Thank you for sharing! I agree that tagging/linking to ideas could be really useful in the community.

While I cannot share any specific details at the moment, we have a group of individuals at Docebo considering how to enhance the Ideas Portal experience. I will share this feedback with that group. Be on the lookout for more communication about this in the community!

We created the Other Requests and Feedback category under the Community Feedback parent category to allow members to share any feedback or requests specific to the community. Here are a few examples of the types of posts I might expect to see in this category:

• Ideas for new fields on user profiles to allow you to share more info about yourself with other community members
  • Feedback on general layout/navigation within the community
  • Ideas for useful information to include on the community homepage

I hope this helps! Thank you both for the great ideas. Please keep them coming!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Adam Ballhaussen Very helpful Adam, thank you! Once you’re able to share with us more about the enhanced Ideas Portal experience, I know a BUNCH of folks who would be THRILLED to learn more and take part in a similar early adopters program! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Excellent, thank you @danwinter! You’ll be on my short list of individuals to connect with about it :) 

Userlevel 4

Not to be a downer or anything like that...but if you want to improve the idea portal the best thing I could think would be to actually read it and respond. There are ideas out there that are in the “planned” stage and have been in planning for 3 years. 

And give feedback as to why something is not likely to be implemented...I saw one thing out there that had 122 votes for it and it was slated as “unlikely to implement” with no reason given. I have gone through the Idea Portal and 122 votes is a good chunk of people that surf the idea portal to simply say you are not going to implement something.
I guess in a nut shell, more communication between we the users, and the development plans.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@gcrawford88 we hear you loud and clear and I agree with what you shared. The ideas portal has incredible potential and exists for the right reasons, but we realize that we need to improve the way we collect feedback and communicate on statuses of ideas.

We are actively working to empower the voice of the customer and to improve this experience for you all. It will take more than just re-tooling and improving the front end experience for our ideas portal, so we are making organizational changes that can help better support you. This is a high-priority initiative going on internally at the moment and you can expect more information soon!

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue sharing your ideas and voting on others in the ideas portal. We highly value the ideas you all share and are focused on innovating and improving our products with you in mind!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not to be a downer or anything like that...but if you want to improve the idea portal the best thing I could think would be to actually read it and respond. There are ideas out there that are in the “planned” stage and have been in planning for 3 years. 

And give feedback as to why something is not likely to be implemented...I saw one thing out there that had 122 votes for it and it was slated as “unlikely to implement” with no reason given. I have gone through the Idea Portal and 122 votes is a good chunk of people that surf the idea portal to simply say you are not going to implement something.
I guess in a nut shell, more communication between we the users, and the development plans.  

I love your comment @gcrawford88 , I feel the same way. I support them not implementing everything as I am sure there is a reason...but share the reason! Open and honest feedback will only build more trust with the users and the creators of Docebo!