No information when Docebo Updates their CSS

• 5 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Dear all,

we are highly depending on Custom CSS and is it really important to know when Docebo is updating/changing something within the CSS.

At the moment Docebo does not inform their customers on CSS changes. They just add the changes to the sandbox and 7 days later they add them to the live environment.

To be 100% sure that we are not surprised by these kind of changes, we need to check the Sandbox on a daily basis (which is not doable). If we then see any changes, we need to find out what exactly changes and then solve it. With minor changes we are able to manage this within 7 days, but when it is a bit bigger, it can get tricky to be able to solve it before it goes live.

Therefore I would like it when Docebo at leasts gives a heads up that they are changing something and preferably which areas they are changing (high level). In this way we know that changes are coming and in which area the changes will take place. This saves us a lot of time and effort in finding the changed CSS.

Also I would like it when Docebo gives their customers a bit more time, before they are adding the changes to the live system.

Also a go live date would be great, so that we exactly know when to add the new/changed CSS code to the live environment.

How do you experience the Docebo’s CSS update process? Do you use custom CSS and in to what degree are you depending on CSS.

The goal of this discussion is to show Docebo how important it is to share CSS updates with their customers

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Great point. We use custom CSS and (fingers crossed), we have been ok so far...but it’s always dicey wondering what might break.

A heads up would be very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, this is always my number 1 disclaimer when folks start customizing. Every single item that is added is added change management risk and effort. It is always important to weigh it when making any type of customization (beyond just CSS as well). In the world of CSS, typically it is not as high of  a risk, if using ‘safe’ changes (i.e. ones that are not using methods like ‘nth item’ which can break by hiding something unintended) all of this falls into the bucket of, just because something can be done, doesn’t mean it should be, regardless of improved notification/communication from the vendors.  

100% agree.  We use CSS to remove “enroll” buttons that are supposed to be off limits (that is, until a better policy gets implemented).  We need to be aware of CSS changes.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Please vote for this idea