Question

Using IFrame Apps in Docebo Learn for Sliders, Calendars

Userlevel 5

Greetings!

Could you share with me what apps or tools you are using in Docebo to create things like sliders/carousels and training program calendars? I’ve seen ComSlider and Google Slides mentioned in other posts. Are there any others?

I am investigating ways to add image carousels/sliders and calendar apps to my Docebo instance. I’m decent with tech but not a programmer, and not familiar with HTML or Java, so I’d like something that is WYSIWYG and can be used successfully in an iFrame or HTML widget. I ran across a company called Elfsight that offers such widgets. But I’d really like to know what other folks are using successfully with Docebo before I dive into anything.

I appreciate your feedback!

Jen

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Keep in mind iframes won’t work on iphones - or ipads either I think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am intensely curious about better sliders. How do you get the links and such into the slider - by hand? API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just to clarify, you mean using the native application, if leveraging the browser they work.

Userlevel 5

Yeah, I read that in another community post. I don’t have a lot of mobile users at the moment, but it’s something to consider for the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just to clarify, you mean using the native application, if leveraging the browser they work.

Wait - really? 

I could have sworn I tested iphone and iframes don’t work on pages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am intensely curious about better sliders. How do you get the links and such into the slider - by hand? API?

Depends on the link and slider, but yes and yes. 

@JenWadsworth to more broadly answer, basically if it is iframable (and needs to be a traditional iframe, not javascript based) then it should work just fine. Also keep in mind, I know a few folks who simply use the software they use to make course packages and such, and most have an ‘export as html’ instead of scorm, and then it is just a matter of having a server to store them on.

Userlevel 5

I’m actually not sure yet. I’m just starting to investigate the use of these apps, so have no experience as of yet. :)

Userlevel 5

@JenWadsworth to more broadly answer, basically if it is iframable (and needs to be a traditional iframe, not javascript based) then it should work just fine. Also keep in mind, I know a few folks who simply use the software they use to make course packages and such, and most have an ‘export as html’ instead of scorm, and then it is just a matter of having a server to store them on.

Oh, really? So, for example, make a slider in Storyline? Or PowerPoint, even? I never even thought of that option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh, really? So, for example, make a slider in Storyline? Or PowerPoint, even? I never even thought of that option. 

Yup, more Storyline probably, you could do PPT but probably not the best for this, I’d go like slides.com if going that route. But yes, all you are doing is having the item live somewhere else, doesn’t have to be a different service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Wait - really? 

I could have sworn I tested iphone and iframes don’t work on pages.

Works fine for me, that progress bar down is an iframe:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Following! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yup this can be done!  It looks really nice too when you create a whole page as an iframe.  The iframed content will take up the page, but the user will still see the Docebo menus, so the end user can still easily navigate around the platform!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

There are a couple of courses in Docebo U that talks about your topic. Try searching for “platform design” in the global search field. I recall there are scripts shared for sliders/carousels that you can insert using widgets. It’s simple but it gets the job done.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I need to remember to try the export to html in Storyline!

Userlevel 1

Has anyone been able to make the Storyline option work? I’ve output my storyline as HTML and uploaded it to an FTP. I’ve tried the iframe widget and the HTML widget (with iframe code) for the page and have added the URL on the allow list under Advanced Settings. Nothing shows up though. 

Note: I did try the HTML/CSS slider that was posted here, but wanted the dot navigation which is why I am trying the Storyline route.