Skip to main content

We created many (MANY) catalogs in bulk via the API. When you do, it auto sets the SORT BY option to Name A-Z. Typically, you’d want Newest to Oldest. Anyone familar with how to set a list of IDs to that option? Otherwise I’m cursed with navigating the catalog management screen and changing them one by one….

From - 

To - 

We used this to create: /api-browser/#!/learn/Catalogue/Catalogue_learn_v1_catalog_batch

{
  "items":  
    {
      "code": "string",
      "name": "string",
      "description": "string"
    }
  ]
}

Edit??

Hi there,

The Catalogs area is severely lacking API’s currently due to it being on the legacy framework still. There are no API’s to set the catalog filter option either when creating these or trying to edit created catalogs.

There are even no API’s to delete catalogs neither.

Unfortunately, this does lead to quite a manual task of being quite click heavy to perform manually. Something you may wish to explore are Macros that can be leveraged as a robot worker to click on screen text and perform actions thus leaving you to sit back and oversee the actions taking place.

This is a good alternate solution! I know the revamp is coming, trying to be patient 😃 We have over 2k catalogs, so in situations like these when I need to do an update to 500ish catalogs, it makes me want to cry. Thank you for confirming what I suspected to be true. 😓