API Endpoint to create learning plan - Learning plans are created as "under maintenance"

• 12 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Dear Community,

We had a couple of interesting experiences with our APIs in the recent past and had one more today that I’d like to share. 😊

We have an automation to duplicate learning plans. However, we’ve noticed that the new learning plans are marked as “under maintenance” (I’m adding a screenshot here). My question: Does this affect also your API?

Here is how you can try to reproduce:

• Use the endpoint “POST /learn/v1/lp”
  • Use the following payload (you can change the dummy information)
    • {
        "name": "API Test LP",
        "description": "<p>This is a test.<br><br></p>",
        "code": "TEST-API-LP"
      }
  • Send it out
  • On the platform, add at least one course to the new learning plan
  • Enrol in the learning plan
  • Check on the page “My Courses and Learning Plan”, and find the learning plan

Here is a screenshot of how it looks like on our site:

I tried to edit the learning plan using the API and some undocumented payload entries, without success for now. If you have a solution, that would be appreciated. We’ve created a support ticket, and if we get more infos, I will update. 🤓

Keep on the good job, community! 😎

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sure you have this in your ticket, but looks like this is a true bug, 

Userlevel 3

@Bfarkas: Thank you for pointing to the bug. This is quite valuable information. 😊

If you were using the API to create learning plans, you might want to double-check them. Due of our settings, we didn’t noticed this bug until recently, but we can trace it back to last October. You can add courses and enrol users as usual, and users can still access individual courses, but not the learning plan itself.

The only difference I could find when getting information about a single learning plan using the API was the value for “enter_status”:{“status”: “play”}. In other learning plans, we get the value “enroll” instead of “play.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, lets see what they change/update this week, a fix is aiming for a few days away :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Looks fixed to me!

Userlevel 3

Looks fixed to me!

Yes it is! 😊 You need to be careful though: The learning plans that were created with the bug are still marked as being “under maintenance”. We’ll need to manually change this, but lucky for us, we can only find a couple of them on the system and users were still able to start it. 😉