Best Answer

Batch course creation

• 16 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi

We need to create a considerable number of courses and I’m looking for a way to streamline this process.

Is there a way to create courses in batch using API’s?

I've attempted to use /learn/v1/courses to create one course successfully, but encounter errors when attempting to add more than one in the same request.

I've noticed that Batch Course Delete and Batch Course Update endpoints exist, but I couldn't find a similar one for course creation in bulk.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

icon

Best answer by KMallette 16 February 2024, 17:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We had to create a file and job that ran for each course. We are lucky to have an IT expert that helped us with this. It worked very well though and filled in all relevant fields. There is a substantial amount of prep work and testing is must.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Diego Jimenez 

1. Have you looked at this end point? learn/Course/Course_learn_v1_courses_batch … I haven’t tried it, just found it while looking for something else 😂
  2. What if you used the Automation App to create a basic bunch of course shells … course number, name, etc. and THEN used the learn/Course/Course_learn_v1_courses_batch to fill out the rest of the details?

Again… have not done this, but might be a way to divide and conquer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Excellent advice @KMallette!

Thank you all for the help. The endpoint /learn/v1/courses/batch was exactly what I needed!