Question

Courses API not returning Course Additional Fields?

• 15 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello!

Last week when I was testing the API via Postman, I was able to see Course Additional Fields by simply calling the main Courses API (/learn/v1/courses). They would come across as “field_1” and “field_2” but that was fine - I deciphered what the values were and that’s all I need. Today when I am calling the same API, those fields are not being returned now… 

Does anyone else have the same experience? I’m new to Docebo, so I’m wondering if I inadvertently did something in our account to make these fields not show up? I’m a superadmin, so it can’t be my level of access. 

TIA for any advice!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Sharry - that is not typically what Docebo shows in the “list” view such as /learn/v1/courses. To your point I am not sure if it was there before. But the info is certainly there in /learn/v1/courses/{course_id}.

I took a look at the last few product updates and didn’t see anything mentioned regarding API call changes that relates to this.

Product Updates | Community (docebo.com)

Hmm… Well I definitely saw “field_1” and “field_2” with the IDs of the value selections there (they are dropdown fields so the values were IDs instead of the text value)… And I see that courses/<course_id> returns the value via the NAME of the field “Training Partner” instead of “field_1”. So for certain it was returning those in the Course List before, while it isn’t now. 

I just don’t understand why it was there and now it’s gone… sigh. I’m finding this API incredibly frustrating to work with in general.