Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I am currently building a recipe in Connect for my company that pulls in a roster CSV and automatically creates Docebo user profiles. I see an option to create a password for new users but we can also leave that section blank. My question is what would the password be if we leave the password section blank?

I’m not sure they would get any password. We’re also creating our new user profiles via csv import, but our users log in using SSO. For those users, the password in their user profile is blank if I check their profiles in edit mode as SuperAdmin. 

In the advanced settings you have options to force users to change password upon their first login and also define password rules. Under users is an option “Automatically calculate password”. Maybe, and I’m just assuming here, if you’re not using SSO you can mark that option, enable users to change their password and force password change upon first login? 

From a technical perspective, the platform does auto-generate a password when a user is created without one (according to Docebo Docs), but you won’t have access to know what that password is.

One thing to consider with @StefanW’s suggestion is that if you force users to change their password after their first login but don't provide them with an initial password, they won’t be able to access the platform.

In the past, we’ve implemented two different solutions, which I’ll share here:

1. We assigned everyone the same initial password (e.g., CompanyName2024) and forced them to change it after the first login. However, this could conflict with your security policy.
  2. We created accounts without a password and configured the “User Has Been Created (By Administrator)” notification to include a password reset link (Docebo Docs reference here) so that users could set it themselves

Hope this helps!