Skip to main content

Docebo integration with Stripe now displays Country dropdown menu with tax codes

• 3 July 2024
  • 1 reply

We are about to go live with the ability to purchase VILT courses via the Stripe integration with Docebo, however during our testing a couple weeks ago, we discovered there was a change to the sandbox where the country dropdown menu now displays the country name - tax code (see screenshots below). I spoke to Docebo Support, expecting this to be some sort of mistake, but they stated this is as intended and will be pushed to production soon. This is going to be very confusing for customers, especially those where there are multiple options per country, like Canada. There are six options when trying to select Canada.

I did speak to Stripe Support as well and they suggested that I can enable the “Stripe Checkout” function so during checkout, we see the Stripe version of the country dropdown menu instead of the Docebo version. I would like to do this, but reading over every bit of Docebo documentation on setting up Stripe, they never mention having to enable the Stripe Checkout so this worries me. I don’t want to enable a feature that does not play nice with Docbeo. 

Has anyone come across the country dropdown menu change in the sandbox and how are you handling the change? 

Has anyone enabled the Stripe Checkout feature and how is that working? 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello lrdeardroff! Thanks for submitting this question, and my apologies for the delayed response. 

Having the fields changed is definitely concerning, and I can see how not wanting to make these changes on the Stripe end would make sense. We wouldn’t want negative effects from it happening on Production.

I would highly suggest making this change on your sandbox if it won’t impact any tests you’re running on your sandbox to see how it interacts on Docebo. We could then take two avenues through Support:

• If it works, please feel free to submit a ticket to our team to ask us to update our knowledge base and let us know that this change fixed it. We’d be really excited to share this with the rest of our customers in such a case and we’d be most grateful for the heads up.
  • If it doesn’t work, please submit another ticket with a copy of your communications with Stripe (redacted as needed) that indicate it should work. I feel like we could probably kick this up as an inquiry to our team to see if there’s anything we can do to mitigate it.

Also feel free to let the analyst that gets your ticket know that they can DM me and I’ll be happy to collaborate behind the scenes :)

As well, if you can share your previous ticket number with the analyst in your new ticket, that will be helpful too.

We might not be able to do anything here, but I believe there’s likely room for a bit more investigation on our end based on your post above, and I would definitely like to see that happen.