Error when joining live sessions (potentially a zoom issue?)

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there!

This is a bit of a weird one, so bear with.

The past few weeks we have had a few issues arise with students being hit with an error when joining live sessions through the Docebo platform. 

We have tried asking them to join through incognito windows, clearing their cache, restarting their browser, almost everything we can think of so I’m at a bit of a loss!

The only other thing it could be related to is Zoom - We use zoom for our live sessions and I’m wondering if these issues are lining up with when Zoom v3 was fully integrated and Zoom v2 stopped working. 

I wanted to ask if anyone else is having the same issue and if so, how did you find a fix for it? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

What error are your users seeing? Does it prevent them from entering the webinar? We have just started testing with Zoom v3 and are seeing some anomalies as reported by others here.

Hi!

Yes, exactly that - Students are hit with an error that says ‘Something went wrong - please try again later’.

It’s very hit and miss on if it works at the moment so it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what the issue is but I assumed it might have something to do with Zoom v3

Hi there -- we have the same issue. It’s hit or miss, sometimes says there is a server error, or please try again later. We also noticed that when setting up a live session, our zoom templates won’t populate and just keep spinning. I was told to unpair our zoom account and repair it, and that worked for a week, but then the errors started again. I’ve reached out to tech support who helped the first time, and I’ll respond here if any new information comes up on how this could be fixed.