How are you getting customer training data to their LMS?

• 13 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We are a global software provider and as such provide free product training and certification to our customers. 

We are more and more frequently receiving requests to put training enrollment and completion data directly into our customers’ internal LMS platforms.  We have been providing scheduled reporting up until now but this is cumbersome for the customer’s LMS Admins and we have been asked for a number of different interfaces, some with SSO and API data access others with a myriad of other solutions including Power Automate and loading our content directly into their platform. 

We are unwilling to have two dozen different solutions to this issue which is, of course, complicated by the different capabilities of each customer’s LMS platform.  Has anyone out there facing this same issue come up with a solution or two at most that can meet this need?  I am thinking I might need to become an LTI provider to get there but I am not even sure that would do it, as I am not well versed in that protocol and am investigating all options.

Any and all ideas are welcome and appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jmkachidurianI’m not sure what an LTI is, but it sounds like APIs are your next best option over reporting. Have you looked at Docebo Connect? I suggest it because it could be a ‘consolidator’ of all of your connections to different customers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi KMallette,  Thanks for your  response.  We are looking into that.  We haven’t had great luck using Connect for other internal interfaces but it might work well for this and we will take another look.  Our goal is to find a couple of tolls that meet most of our customers must haves.  We’ll never grant all their wishes...