Question

How many API calls are involved in registering a new user?

• 4 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

We had about 30 students trying to register on our WordPress website, which has the Docebo plugin installed to synchronise users to Docebo. We crashed our site by hitting the API rate limit. I realise a registration event probably uses more than 1 API call, but can it really use 30+ API calls to register a single user?

There’s, what… a call to check credentials, a call to check if the user exists, a call to add the user, a call to put them into a particular branch… What am I missing here?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We had about 30 students trying to register on our WordPress website, which has the Docebo plugin installed to synchronise users to Docebo. We crashed our site by hitting the API rate limit. I realise a registration event probably uses more than 1 API call, but can it really use 30+ API calls to register a single user?

There’s, what… a call to check credentials, a call to check if the user exists, a call to add the user, a call to put them into a particular branch… What am I missing here?

That seems off, have you opened a ticket and are there any custom processes running that use the API beyond the WordPress piece, i.e. when a new user is created do x? Most of the items you listed would be part of the same call, I could see potential 2-3 per user depending on various items, but should be less.