Question

How to stop notification of API-requested report

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I am using this very helpful post to create/poll/download a report via API:

Report Listing API | Community (docebo.com)

It’s working perfectly, except that Docebo is sending me an email saying that my report is ready… How can I turn this notification off? This is a report that will be downloaded via a script and dumped into a database, so I don’t want or need a notification that the report is “ready” because my script polls for completion and then downloads it, cracks open the zip, cracks open the csv, and dumps the data to a DB when the report is ready.

I already checked the Notifications page in the Admin Settings - there is no event that seems like it has anything to do with “notify me when the report I asked for is ready” type of thing.

Anyone have any ideas? I can’t seem to find anywhere else - the report definition, my personal account, nothing - that has any setting for notifications… 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sharry Hello … it sounds like you are using a scheduled report, and I think that those always have a notification. I was thinking you could turn off the scheduling (in the report), but think that would also turn off the running of the report...so that wouldn’t work either.

Maybe the best way to approach this is to build a rule in your email client that simply moves the email into a ‘not-my-inbox’ folder, or just deletes it.

No… As stated in the title and initial post, I am calling the API here. In fact, scheduling is literally turned off for this report. 

Anyone else have any ideas?