Best Answer

Mass Removing Tags

• 4 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello, there!

We’ve recently discovered that our platform has been auto-generating tags for all of our training materials, and this has caused us to now have 4500+ tags that are highly inappropriate or invalid, causing our search functions to be abhorrent at best, absolutely useless at worst. I’ve seen some conversations about using Postman to remove them en-mass, as I do have the ID for the ones I need to delete, but short of entering 1 in at a time to remove each one individually I’m struggling to figure out how to remove multiple at once. Has anyone discovered the best way to do so? 

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 7 October 2023, 18:47

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Unfortunately there is no bulk endpoint, so you need a loop to do the single call on repeat, or just type and hit enter fast :) are you removing all 4500?

In postman you want to run the collection essentially. Check out this artical:
https://learning.postman.com/docs/collections/running-collections/working-with-data-files/

Userlevel 3

Hi Matthew, 

You might want to reach out to your Docebo account manager , or Support team.  We worked with a client , that worked with Docebo to clear there tags out , and as long as you are ok  with them all being removed , they can help you.  

Hope that helps. 

Adair

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We’ve added this code in our CSS but I am not sure if it affects the search functions, maybe it only hides the tags on course player.

/** Remove Tags **/ .lrn-course-player-lesson-info { display:none; } /** End Remove Tags **/

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hiding Training Material Tags | Community (docebo.com)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Please vote this idea too: Auto Tagging --> Ability to Disable | Community (docebo.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@jlreonal The ability to disable auto-tagging went live in the platform recently. You can now turn it off by unchecking the following checkbox in [Advanced Settings] - [Tagging].

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Matthew.Shumway This may be a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted, but I would recommend disabling the auto-tagging if you haven't done so already.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jlreonal The ability to disable auto-tagging went live in the platform recently. You can now turn it off by unchecking the following checkbox in [Advanced Settings] - [Tagging].

This is cool! Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So for those interested, due to the rain storm and cancelled plans, I threw together a new tool this morning that helps do this exact task over on Fark.Tools 

You can upload a CSV to delete, as well as just select items straight in the interface to delete.

More here: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you everyone! Yes, we’re looking to delete all of our tags at this time to get a fresh slate. I appreciate all of your input, and will be promoting Fark.Tools to those with this same issue! 

I do hope that a change might be made to turn this auto-tagging off by default instead of having it on given the large number of useless or irrelevant tags that appear to be naturally selected for training materials. If it had been off by default there wouldn’t need to be a tool for mass removal in the first place. But for what it’s worth, I appreciate everyone’s input.