Question

Monday.com Connection

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I’m attempting to create a connection between Monday.com and Docebo Learn so that whenever we create a course in Learn it auto populates on a Monday.com board which we’ll keep as a running course inventory. 

I’ve created the connection using a Monday connector I found in the Community Library. Just need some guidance on how to start the recipe. 

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi,

From the sounds of this I am assuming you are meaning you are using Docebo Connect and used a community connector for Monday?

I don’t have Connect access so can’t give precise details (and annoyingly the available Docebo triggers/actions are not detailed out in documentation) but can give you a broad approach which should get you going.

There should be a trigger based on a webhook event, I would use this, unless Docebo has a prebuilt connection. You can use the webhook event of ‘course.created’, detailed here: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124479-Webhooks-Events#course_created

This will send basic data about the course over and trigger your Connect Recipe to run. You can then either use that data and move straight into Monday using your community connector to add a new item to your list, or apply other logic first or if you need other data about the course you should be able to use the Docebo action to get course information and use the course ID from the trigger to get the full details.

Hope that helps get you going!

Hi @Bfarkas! Thanks for the response and sorry for my late reply. 

There does seem to be a built Monday.com connection now! I built out this really simple recipe to see if I could make something happen and sure enough it seems to be pulling a course title into a Monday board: 

It’s working which is great! But I’d like for it to pull all of the courses we have as well as additional columns or fields in Docebo AND update any time we add a new course to the system. It also pulled a single course twice. I wouldn’t want any duplicates. Any ideas where to go from here?  

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I do have access to Docebo Connect, so I can add this to Brian’s advice:

• There are no prebuilt Docebo triggers in Docebo Connect, only prebuilt Docebo Actions. Given that you want this to update immediately upon adding a new course to Docebo, webhooks are indeed the way to go. They can be a bit fiddly to set up, with a bit of back-and-forth involved, but if you read through both Docebo and Workato’s documentation, you’ll get there.

Although I have actually built out something similar to this at my previous job, that was for Airtable rather than Monday.com, so despite having Docebo Connect I still can’t comment on more than a high level. But a couple of notes:

To get everything you currently have:

Your starting recipe is on the right track, but you’ll want to add a couple of steps after Step 2 and then put your current Step 3 inside a loop. Note that there might be other ways to do this, but this is what I tend to do when I need to deal with paginated API responses in Docebo Connect:

Key: The Action in the App/Connection

1. (Step 1 is your trigger)
  2. Get courses in Docebo Learn
  3. Create repeat helper list in Lists by Workato
    • Use the Total page count from Step 2 as the size of this helper list:

4. Repeat for each item in List (Step 3):
    • This will be critical if your page count is more than 1.
  5. (Within the repeating loop) Get courses in Docebo Learn
    • You can copy-paste Step 2 here, only this time:
  6. (Within the first repeating loop) Repeat for each item in Items (Step 5):
    • Now we’re cycling through every course on the page.
  7. (Within a loop within a loop) Get course by ID in Docebo Learn
    • When you get a single course by ID, you get access to all the additional fields, etc.
  8. (Still within two loops) Create item in Monday
    • Now you can populate all your rows using the additional information from Step 7.
The whole thing should look like this (except with Step 8 using the Monday connector)

Don’t ever “start” this recipe. Once it’s set up, it should be enough to test it. If you have it running regularly, it will keep adding duplicates. So test it, if it works, you’re done with this recipe, and if it doesn’t, delete everything in Monday.com so you have a clean slate for your next attempt.

To get new courses as they’re added: 

In a way, this is actually an easier recipe, because you won’t need any lists or loops. You just need the webhook to be working properly and passing the course ID with its payload. That’ll be enough to trigger the recipe, and you can proceed straight to Steps 7 & 8.

To update courses in Monday.com based on edits in Docebo…

I’m afraid I’m out of time, sorry, and in any case this is where my lack of Monday knowledge makes it really hard to comment. 😬

@Ian Thank you so much for your response! I’ll definitely give this a shot and try to tweak as I go! 

Hi @Ian

I followed your recipe and it seems to be working! The problem now is that only the same course keeps populating over and over on my Monday.com board: 

Any idea which part of the recipe I should edit or change so that it pulls every course over to Monday.com?