Best Answer

Outlook RSVP sync: only 200 events?

We often have RSVP sync problems, and while troubleshooting the issue, I saw that the step in the RSVP sync recipe which gets all the events, only fetches 200 of them. We have a lot more future events than 200. I see that the Workato action to get the items supports BATCH… is the supplied recipe not set up correctly?

icon

Best answer by elliott.vickrey 8 March 2024, 18:43

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we recently implemented and were not aware of any such limitation. Have you been in contact with the person who helped you set it up? Can this be changed if that is the case?

we recently implemented and were not aware of any such limitation. Have you been in contact with the person who helped you set it up? Can this be changed if that is the case?

I set it up via the help doc: 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/5542458272914-Docebo-Connect-for-Microsoft-Outlook-365-Calendar

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

wow you’re good...we had an expert help us with the config.

Not sure I this is the same recipe but ours looks like this and it searches for all events including those from 2 days back and all future ones. I do not see any limits. Maybe this is a remnant of the examples they provided (if you copied them into your recipe).

wow you’re good...we had an expert help us with the config.

Not sure I this is the same recipe but ours looks like this and it searches for all events including those from 2 days back and all future ones. I do not see any limits. Maybe this is a remnant of the examples they provided (if you copied them into your recipe).

Can you click into the next step (FOR EACH), then expand the output on the right panel? What is the index?

(I’ve been in IT and a developer for 20+ years so this comes naturally to me.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hmm, ours seems to be set at “93” although I'm not sure what that refers to...seems arbitrary 

That means there are 93 outlook events starting from 2 days ago going into the future. Does that seem correct? (You can just check the actual Outlook calendar to verify this.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sounds about right when I counted them up...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we recently had an issue where on the calendar view of the catalogue, it only showed the first 200 items (somehow seems odd that you also look to be limited to 200 items). We had to log a ticket to get this resolved...seems like a stretch but perhaps these are related to your case? Have you reached out to support to ask about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge

@bkokernak Thank you for bringing your issue to the community! I can confirm that we are working on this, though I can’t say much more 😊

As always, if you need assistance with your Docebo platform, you can open a ticket with our support team 💻

There is an Optional Field to increase that limit. The default is 200; the max is 1000. Docebo support seems to be confused by/unaware of this, even though we’ve tried to tell them… 

For all of the recipes that connect to Outlook, go to: 

1. Edit recipe
  2. Search events in Outlook calendar step
  3. Show optional fields
  4. Make sure Limit field is selected/included
  5. Enter a higher limit (up to max of 1000)

1000 is apparently the max set on the Microsoft side, so if that’s still not going to be high enough, you’ll need to look at customizing the recipes to search in batches.