Question

To be able to sync Docebo timezone with Workday

• 27 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

We are in a situation where Docebo’s user preffered timezone and time zone data in workday are in different formats.
For eg Docebo user preffered time zone stores like GMT +2 Asia/TelAviv
while workday stores like GMT+02:00 Israel Time (Jerusalem).

We want to sync the timezone from workday to docebo via the integration/receipe
We are able to sync the timezone free field on user profile but the user prefference timezone is a list and timezone can only be choosen from it.

has anyone faced similar issue or have any suggestions

Thank you already

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Usually solve things like this by creating a lookup/translation table. Instead of your recipe just copying the data directly, you have a two column table somewhere (I usually use SharePoint for this, but thats just my access abilities, you can use anything that will behave similarly and you can lookup in your recipe) one column should be the workday value, the other is the Docebo value.

The other longer and more painful approach is just a bunch of if statements with replacements values, i.e. if workday value = x, replace with y and use as docebo value.

Thanks for the suggestion.
This is like creating an if else situation, we also have calculations in workday we can create.
But its like a huge lookup table having 392  rows/values and comparisons either way.

Is there a way or possibility where we can update all the docebo timezone values in the list with workday time zone values at once? and whenever an existing time zone value comes from workday, it is assigned by receipe as usuall?
Would docebo even accept any other format of timezone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the suggestion.
This is like creating an if else situation, we also have calculations in workday we can create.
But its like a huge lookup table having 392  rows/values and comparisons either way.

Is there a way or possibility where we can update all the docebo timezone values in the list with workday time zone values at once? and whenever an existing time zone value comes from workday, it is assigned by receipe as usuall?
Would docebo even accept any other format of timezone?

Not that i am aware of, always do the translation table for these items.