Question

User Additional Fields Dropdown No Longer Taking Special Characters!!

• 26 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

There is a critical error in one of our user additional fields. This field drives enrollment rules and notifications. One of the dropdown elements contains an ampersand “&” and that is being replaced by “&” . I have tried recreating the dropdown element and fixing the affected element. Both result in a return to the “&”. This means a user management file of over 1000 people can’t process, as the field in the sheet does not match the new faulty value. I created a ticket for this last friday, but docebo has not resolved this. I need to get someone competent assigned to my ticket to resolve this. @erin.brisson @pmo @matt.lewis 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What’s in the actual data, if you export it back out?

sometimes Docebo just DISPLAYS &amp when the data actually reflects &

Userlevel 4
Badge

odd, it only shoes up in the english translation. I’ll try localization tool

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrodman Is there any way to just change the translation for english for a dropdown element in a user additional field? I see in the API a call for changing the entire field, which is a non-starter, as we have almost 500 elements in this one additional field and any mistake with the call would plummet our LMS into the dark ages. I have no idea how this translation was changed except for the dev team at docebo did something reckless again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@tommyVan, we just started experiencing a problem along these lines yesterday, but - I don’t know if this helps or not - on closer inspection we don’t think the updates are actually failing, at least for us.

Rather, we’re getting error messages about invalid values for these additional fields, but despite such error messages the users are being synced successfully, as far as we can tell. Even the supposedly invalid values are appearing in our drop-downs.

Anyway, if this is indeed the case, Docebo would still need to fix their error messages, but the problem is nowhere near as acute as it seemed to be at first glance. We were worried in particular about new hires not being provisioned correctly but so far, so good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Userlevel 4
Badge

@tommyVan, we just started experiencing a problem along these lines yesterday, but - I don’t know if this helps or not - on closer inspection we don’t think the updates are actually failing, at least for us.

Rather, we’re getting error messages about invalid values for these additional fields, but despite such error messages the users are being synced successfully, as far as we can tell. Even the supposedly invalid values are appearing in our drop-downs.

Anyway, if this is indeed the case, Docebo would still need to fix their error messages, but the problem is nowhere near as acute as it seemed to be at first glance. We were worried in particular about new hires not being provisioned correctly but so far, so good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Running this through an automated workflow into the bulk user management endpoint of the API caused over 1000 users not to update, 12 plus users not to be created, and 135 session specific enrollments not to trigger for us. The fix isn’t slated until January 17th. This is just the most recent in a long line of Docebo dev failures that have affected our team.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you for sharing the additional detail, @tommyVan, that’s caused me to revisit our own case and discover that I had been overly optimistic about the impact in our case. What I thought was a case of an “invalid” value being accepted anyway turned out to have relied upon the intervention of one of my colleagues (unbeknownst to me). We’re now also waiting eagerly on a fix for this. Has Docebo proposed any kind of workaround to you? I’m guessing not...

Userlevel 4
Badge

lol no. On top of that a new Organization was added with an & yesterday and that user failed to upload about 10 times. I was in a meeting and got to watch powerlessly as my email was blown up with the message that I configured to send on failure. Luckily, for the original affected org field, I just manually typed & instead of & into my flow, but this should not have been necessary. Also if I miss the release date of the fix, my flow will break in the other direction.