Best Answer

Adding a new course to a Learning Plan | The Impact - the discussion continues

• 12 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Evening,

There was a thread that started to answer a question, and it actually helps me to understand how to handle “severe” structural changes for a SCORM course when I should consider hiding and showing training material related to a course.

@lrnlab described a model where he hides the older training material and adds a brand new training material to the system - thus preserving the older completion data...this is neat and will definitely serve its purpose to help us manage learning objects moving forward.

BUT I am curious - we were thinking of leveraging a learning plan that we slowly add courses to it so that we trickle a curriculum. Admittedly, the content is actually not ready for the courses as of yet, the roadmap for said courses is in good shape (pretty much)….so in theory we can lock up course shells until it is available.

That said - has anyone slowly added courses to Learning Plans overtime? What was the implication to the Learning Plan? Did it change back to in process when a new course was added to it? @Adam Ballhaussen - you know of anyone leveraging learning plans in that fashion? I see this article in the Docebo help. And it suggests that we can freely add or remove from a learning plan and the % complete will be impacted. But what about the status? Does that change???
Later - as the content matures, we will probably do a sequence to enforce a type of trickle curriculum.

icon

Best answer by eleonora.maggioni 12 July 2022, 19:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @dklinger dont think the LP status changes when you ad new courses...probably the best way to work this is to use the delayed publication option on LP. Haven't tested in this specific scenario though so cannot say for sure.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @dklinger,

I can confirm you that if you add a course to a learning plan already completed, outside you will see the tag “in progress” and inside the % of completion will be change. (you can notice that, if you are enrolled in the learning plan “getting started with Docebo”, in the Docebo University, because sometime Docebo adds new courses in the learning plan).

You can also associate the notification “Catchup Course Available” in order to inform your users about the new courses in the learning plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@eleonora.maggioni - you made my day….thank you!

Quick Disclaimer on the “Catchup Course Available” Type the article https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4429113070226-Notification-Events-and-Conditions#Course.CatchupCourseAvailable states Under that specific notification it states:

"This notification is available for theme 6.9 only, since the catchup functionality is not available for theme 7.0"

Please keep that in mind of your platform is on Theme 7.0 or above this will not be available.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you @jeremy.poppham, I didn’t notice that because I use that Theme, thank you for the information!