Best Answer

Blended Learning - Paper Based Assessments and the LMS

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

Even in a blended learning world it is likely that some assessments are still paper-based and not transitioned to an online environment, or able to be migrated. I’m curious to know if anyone has a suggestion or solution to retaining copies of the paper-based assessments in Docebo Learn (to keep training records together for each learner), obviously scanned into an online format like a PDF for example?

Do you use the LMS for storage, or use a different electronic document store?

My gut feeling is to steer clear of the LMS as a document store (not designed for this really) and use something else and perhaps reference back to an record ID number in the LMS course records somehow?

Training records retention requirements and specific Registered Training Organisation audit requirements here in Australia require certain things to be discoverable hence my questions.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 7 December 2021, 15:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @jckemv you have a few options you can use…

1. Set-up an Assignment learning object - the user can upload documents for evaluation. Those docs are retained as long as the user is enrolled (and perhaps beyond but I haven’t tested that). It is downloadable even after it has been evaluated
  2. Set-up a “file upload” question type inside a test - this has the same effect as the above
  3. If you have a doc that needs to be part of the user’s profile (you would need to review your company’s privacy policy) you can set-up an Additional Field on the user profiles to allow you to upload a document(s). Note that to download this artifact the admin need to open up the User Personal Summary

hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI @jckemv you have a few options you can use…

1. Set-up an Assignment learning object - the user can upload documents for evaluation. Those docs are retained as long as the user is enrolled (and perhaps beyond but I haven’t tested that). It is downloadable even after it has been evaluated
  2. Set-up a “file upload” question type inside a test - this has the same effect as the above
  3. If you have a doc that needs to be part of the user’s profile (you would need to review your company’s privacy policy) you can set-up an Additional Field on the user profiles to allow you to upload a document(s). Note that to download this artifact the admin need to open up the User Personal Summary

hope this helps.

Hi mate,

I knew about the assignment but not the other two ideas. Thanks heaps, might be just the trick. Cheers!

Justin