Check if the user's browser has access to the CDN

• 13 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I've come across this on the idea's portal (LMS-I-4213) and from reading what this person has I put I think this could possibly be why some of learners do not register as complete and are in progress or like they've never touched a SCORM course.

This is the post...

Check (and a warning) if the user's browser has access to the CDN

We're using lots of SCORM modules in our courses, and we observer many issues with lessons not being marked as completed or people having issues accessing some of the learning content.

Investigating the issue, we have discovered that in many cases this is related to the learner's browser or firewall blocking access to some of the assets or XHR calls that are send to other domains.  And in Docebo, all SCORM packages are served from a third-part domain (dcbstatic.com).

Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do or what we can advise learners so we can limit the impact for them and save on admin time?

Thanks,

Ant

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Ant,

I know you posted this some time ago, but I just came across your question and saw no one answered it.

If the users are internal, your IT organization should add the Docebo CDN domains to the domain whitelists/allowlists on all firewalls and VPNs. The domains are:

cdn1.dcbstatic.com
cdn2.dcbstatic.com
cdn3.dcbstatic.com
cdn4.dcbstatic.com
cdn5.dcbstatic.com

For external users, we've included instructions in our welcome message not to use a VPN when accessing our LMS. The issue is usually not with accessing the content but with returning completion information back to the LMS. We include this along with information about what browsers work with the site. (Hard to believe there are people still using IE/Internet Explorer.) We also added this information to our automatic reply when someone submits a support request to our help desk. If they read the automatic reply, then they usually resolve the problem themselves before we have a chance to respond.