How are your data refreshes doing?

• 25 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey community friends, just curious how your nightly data refreshes are going? We implemented in November ‘21, and our daily data refreshes ran consistently. Our daily reports triggered around 4:30 am ET. Since June/July, they’ve started triggering around 6 am, and then 7:00-7:30 am, and for the past week or 2 we have to use our manual refresh every day. We submit a ticket every day. So far the only responses have been 

1. the new Data Lake v2 in September should help it
  1. change our time zone so the refresh doesn’t start at 12:00 am our time, but “earlier” 

Neither response (in my opinion) is helpful. I find it really curious that the data started delaying by 3 hours each day, then stopping altogether. I’d like to know if others have noticed the same and this is a system wide issue, or if it’s just our instance.

We’re already working it up the chain to get better answers, but hearing from other orgs will help us understand the case we’re building. Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@steveninfinger you made me look...and yes, it looks like it’s refreshing a little later than usual but I can't say I recall the exact time it was refreshed before today...It shows 5:25 AM ET and that feels later than usual.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for checking, @lrnlab I learned after this post that the data lake update is running into issues and may be delayed, so I’m guessing it’s all related.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx for the update

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’ve seen the same lag on platforms as well so don’t think you’re alone. I’m looking forward to seeing the enhancements to the data lake. Really love the concept of the new reports running in background and the speed of them vs the old reporting engine, but the data lake only syncing once a day has created some challenges with using them for compliance and some other reports that need to be closer to real time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@steveninfinger - brother of the inger - we have run into one or two “data brain farts” - where scheduled reports did not run over the last few weeks. With a manual refresh? It seems to go away.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ours looks like it about an hour later as well.  As far as scheduled reports, this last week I learned there was a hiccup on scheduled reports, but they have started back up after that service interruption at the beginning of the week.

Userlevel 3

I have noticed our system is refreshing later than usual. We base our integrations from Workday on the refresh. I’ve had to adjust our 1st employee import to an hour later as it wasn’t running. This is unfortunate as it is between 6am - 630am