Reports - Would anyone like to see more open reporting options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Today, custom reports all need to be created from a ‘starter template” which in some cases is not exactly what you need. I have been creative with reports and have added additional fields to carry information that is not included in some reports however this is not the bets solution as we have a limited amount of additional fields available. Although reports have a good amount of configurability, the templates limit you to only what that specific report is meant to show/export. What are your thoughts on seeing a reporting engine that would allow you to freely include data from different areas into a single report?

One immediate improvement i would like to see if the ability so include TEXT fields in the reports, not just the dropdowns. 

Another idea would be to provide similar filters as we see on the user management screen; those work really well.

Would be interested to hear from other members. 

Thank you

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Having some basic report writing skills that I have acquired over the years makes the use of the reporting in Docebo frustrating.  I get that there are some users that are not experience with joining tables/data/etc., but for those of us that understand the backbone to data storage and reporting, I too, would LOVE more options to see all data and decide from there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks @JeanetteMcVeigh I’m of the same mindset...maybe not as adept with table joins, etc. but do understand the intricacies of databases

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I have reached out to my IT team about leveraging the API and Power BI perhaps…fingers crossed...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JeanetteMcVeigh i think the main challenge will be how to extract the data from Docebo. It will likely need to be a bunch of automated report exported to an FTP site unless the Docebo API’s are robust enough to allow larger calls...please do let me know how it turns out. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I agree. We frequently need to use two or more reports and manipulate them manually to get the information we need because of this. I understand it’s a database thing but it’s frustrating to spend so much time on it. We just purchased the Salesforce API to mitigate some of this. 

Also, I’d LOVE to see the ability to clone an existing custom report and then edit it, rather than building each similar report from scratch. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@JeanetteMcVeigh and @lrnlab I am appreciating your comments on this topic. I too have felt very limited within the current reporting capability. There are few reports in Docebo that I use “as is” but rather I always use a couple of reports and then export to Excel or Data Studio to get what I need. I get really frustrated when there's a “list” in Docebo that you can export but it’s missing one field that you really need and you can’t pick it as an optional column. I run into this quite a bit and it’s frustrating to have to go find a report template that then allows that piece of data. I don’t have the skills or staff to be able to use the API so now my reports that I set up in Excel and Data Studion have to be “refreshed” manually and that’s tedious and time-consuming. Other systems I use/have used have more flexible export and report options that pretty much allow you access to any fields. It would be great to see reporting/exporting lists enhanced. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For us, we want to be able to export information from areas that are not covered by reports.  For example, we utilize the Subscriptions, and sometimes we want a full listing of our transactions.  We cannot just export that table onto a spreadsheet to help us with our own reporting. 

To expand on what @lrnlab mentioned with the use of filters like we see on the User management page, it would be nice to see the functionality that is available to export a list of Users (where you select the users and you get to export a list of users from that Selected Actions button), expanded to pages like Course Management, Subscription Transactions, Catalogs, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi all

I would love to be able to see a more flexible reporting engine.  I have just posted a question about getting a report that shows what courses are assigned to a catalog for example.  This seems like a simple request, but the catalog option is not available as a ‘view’ metric.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @np11 if you haven't already done so, you can vote on some ideas like this one: LMS-I-172

Userlevel 3
Badge

@JeanetteMcVeigh I would reach out to the team around Docebo Connect if you are looking for an API Solution to connect with PowerBI. It’s the new middleware solution that we released that I have been recommending to clients now too. I think this will help you with getting an option where your team doesn’t have to keep an integration updated constantly as that tool has a pre-built connection to PowerBI.

I would talk to our team because there are a few options out there to get better access to the Data Tables on our end instead of using the pre-built reports.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @felipe.hernandez - Docebo Connect sounds interesting, but I cannot find any information about it. Is there a link you could share?