Skip to main content

Hey everyone, it’s almost cert renewal time on my end and I wanted to see what others have been doing since Docebo migrated to the new Domain Management tool, which dropped the ability to easily create CSRs if we want to provide our own certs but added the ability to have Docebo manage the cert for us via Let’s Encrypt.

I was speaking with Docebo support about this and they were initially suggesting it was easy to just let Docebo handle it nowadays. However, I was looking at the documentation at the same time and shared with them this this warning-like message:

I’m guessing support wasn’t aware of that message because after I shared it they agreed that we would probably want to provide our own SSL Cert. I don’t recall seeing that attention/warning message the first time I looked at the documentation, but it was months ago so maybe it was there the whole time.

Has anyone with a custom domain used the Docebo managed cert option either as a stop gap or a permanent solution? If so to either one, were there any issues or did everything continue chugging along in your environments (Ex: general access, API integrations, etc.)?

I’m leaning towards following the current advice and treating it as an interim solution but wanted to check with other admins.

@hchewni If you end up doing your own certs (which I highly recommend), DM me and I will share with you the very detailed process that me and my IT guy came up with to get around the CSR problem.

My very conservative IT team said they were comfortable with letting Docebo manage the certs. We have 3 custom domains and everything has worked just fine so far.