Workaround for the depreciated Web Conference Widget?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am playing around with how an onboarding plan is set up, and one of the features of a proposed onboarding plan is to have live events scheduled to supplement the e-learning content that is being delivered.

My first thought went to the Web Conferencing widget, but I realized it was depreciated, or being depreciated, so we can no longer use it.  

I know that the VILT course type is set up to support all training material types, but the problem with the layout of the VILT is that it puts the emphasis on the live session (which in most situations, that should be the case).  In our use case, we want to put the emphasis on the e-learning materials and have the sessions secondary to the content because the users are not required to attend a specific session.

So my question to you all is, were you using the web conference widget and have you done some sort of work around for this?

Also, if you weren’t using the widget, and have some ideas, please feel free to post below!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Annarose.Peterson,

we don’t use the Widget, but when we want to use an E-learning and also an ILT course we create different courses and put those in the Learning Plans, in this way the users can follow the training materials and the ILT session in a specific order (when you create an ILT course you can’t set prerequisites in the training materials). For example you could create a Learning plan with before a e-learning course, then a ILT course, and at the end a e-learning course with a final test. 

Hope this helped you 😊 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We do the same - keep eLearning modules separate from vILT sessions. It’s too confusing to add content into the vILT course because it’s not easily accessible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @eleonora.maggioni and @martiniwinski!  I appreciate your input!