Best Answer

Zoom "Join before" button

• 17 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When we are creating new sessions/events the event creates without allowing you to type in how early you would like the “join” button to display.  When you go back into the system and update it, the system things you are changing the meeting so it deletes the Zoom Meeting and creates and updated on. This triggers emails telling us our sessions are deleted (which it is set to a shared address). Has anyone found a solution to this? Some of the users getting the emails are not thrilled about it (rightly so), but I have learned to just ignore them. If someone actually ever deleted something I needed, I would honestly probably not even notice! YIKES!

icon

Best answer by jckemv 19 May 2021, 04:06

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2

That explains the extra emails we are getting. This is happening to us, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@dmdvf have you by chance created any new sessions/events last week or this week?

I just noticed when creating new sessions it appears to be creating my sessions and starting them! When I go into Zoom all my new sessions allow me to click the “join” button like they are currently in progress, even though these sessions are scheduled into next month! Curious if this is just our account or if it is a system issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yes I am finding the same thing. This isn’t great at all and very confusing for everyone involved. I’m going to submit as helpdesk ticket as this needs fixing.

I am going to ask if it is Docebo Learn talking to the API for Zoom in a way that makes it think it is deleting a meeting and creating a new one. In which case, it sounds like “modifying” an existing meeting/webinar isn’t occurring and therefore a trigger for a meeting/webinar being deleted notification is sent. That isn’t great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jckemv keep me updated on your ticket and let them know we are experiencing this as well! I hope they have a solution quickly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Stephanie Dreiling and @jckemv. I escalated this thread as a ticket for our support team as well so that they have visibility into your thread. We will share updates on this thread as soon as we have more information. If anyone else sees this and has a similar issue, please let us know!

Userlevel 2

@dmdvf have you by chance created any new sessions/events last week or this week?

I just noticed when creating new sessions it appears to be creating my sessions and starting them! When I go into Zoom all my new sessions allow me to click the “join” button like they are currently in progress, even though these sessions are scheduled into next month! Curious if this is just our account or if it is a system issue. 

@Stephanie Dreiling, I have not. I am mostly the admin and there are other people developing the courses and content. I will pass this on to them to test. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

From the Helpdesk (replied very fast as usual):

As of now, when editing an existing Zoom session in the LMS we essentially perform two actions

• removes the “old” link from the account
  • adds a new link for the updated meeting

The team has confirmed that this is currently an expected behaviour with the way we integrate with the tool - there are still a few discussion on the behaviour for thee new vILT courses and will keep this ticket on hold until I have heard back from the other teams.

So that verifies what we were thinking was happening which does have the unhelpful consequence of a Zoom notification that a session has been deleted. I guess it does not impact LMS users just anyone that is attached to the Zoom account being used. For me, that is just me, so I’m not as concerned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you for this update @jckemv! @Stephanie Dreiling are you still seeing the issue with your Zoom sessions auto-starting? That one still has me scratching my head

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the Helpdesk (replied very fast as usual):

As of now, when editing an existing Zoom session in the LMS we essentially perform two actions

• removes the “old” link from the account
  • adds a new link for the updated meeting

The team has confirmed that this is currently an expected behaviour with the way we integrate with the tool - there are still a few discussion on the behaviour for thee new vILT courses and will keep this ticket on hold until I have heard back from the other teams.

So that verifies what we were thinking was happening which does have the unhelpful consequence of a Zoom notification that a session has been deleted. I guess it does not impact LMS users just anyone that is attached to the Zoom account being used. For me, that is just me, so I’m not as concerned.

@jckemv I did notice inside the Zoom Account settings there is an option to turn off the email notifications when a session is changed or deleted, but if you do want to know for any other reasons it would stop that notification too. Guess it will be personal preference. 

Yes, @Adam Ballhaussen all still “starting” when I create them. I have more to work on today, so will do more testing, but it doesn't appear to hurt anything, although SUPER odd!