Question

Accessing course via object link vs. enrollment link

• 28 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have an issue where users search for training material and select a specific module from course content in the results. The course has been configured so it’s free and open enrollment and included in the course catalog. However, when a user clicks on the search result for a specific learning object nested within a course, they receive a 404 error message. Once we enroll them in the course, they can access the learning object.

Is there a workaround or settings I should configure to prevent this from happening? 

2 replies

Userlevel 2

I would report this as a bug because when I view my search results and select the SCORM item not the course itself, i am taking to the course’s page where it has an enroll button. At the course level i also have free navigation setup, Course subscription open. No preqs on the training material and Infinite attempts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree with @jessica.sanderson check your course settings first...if everything is open and free, and available to users who select it, they should not get a 404 error...if it persists and your courses are set up correctly then I would also recommend you log a ticket.

Note: when testing search capabilities and access to learning objects from search results, are you doing this as a superadmin? or are you using a test ID that represents what a typical user would see/have access to? The latter would help you troubleshoot the issue and potentially help you to fix this problem (if that’s what it is)