Skip to main content

Adding non-managers in My Team composer

• 31 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Is there a way for managers to add users who are not managers to their teams using the “Team Composition for Managers” functionality, or can only superadmins associate non-manager users with managers? 

Currently we are associating Users with Managers via our user import CSV. Our HR systems only capture top-level managers. They do not pass along any fields showing the assistant managers, team leads, etc. We’re investigating enabling Team Composition for Managers to open up the My Team enrollment and reporting functionality to more of those people in soft leadership and assistant manager-type roles. However there doesn’t seem to be a point if these users won’t be able to build teams of the people they need to enroll in trainings. We don’t want our superadmins to have to manually manage indirect managers and their associations, because with nothing in our data feed, it would be an entirely manual process and would just be too much for an organization our size.

Example use case: Rhonda is an operations coordinator responsible for coaching and mentoring new team members in addition to her regular job duties. Her manager wants her to be able to assign courses to their new hires when they join the team. However, because her “Is Manager?” status in Docebo defaults to “No,” she cannot do this. And since a coordinator is not considered a manager, there’s no way to automate making her a Manager or associating her with other users so she can enroll them in training and track their progress. Ideally, her manager would be able to change her status in My Team, and she could then use the composer to add her trainees whenever they’re onboarded.

I’m interested in how others are using the team builder functionality to allow managers to self-manage their teams in Docebo. Is there something else we could be doing here that we’re missing?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @rtomchuk I think I understand what you are looking for…

you can create a new “manager type” and assign a secondary manager to any single user.

On the user management page, click the “Manage Teams and Managers”

then select, “manager Types”. You will be able to create a secondary or indirect manager type. Once this is place, you can assign users to these managers. Once assigned, these secondary manager will have similar function to the manager although a little less access is granted.

user profile view:

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4

then select, “manager Types”. You will be able to create a secondary or indirect manager type. Once this is place, you can assign users to these managers. Once assigned, these secondary manager will have similar function to the manager although a little less access is granted.

We have the secondary manager types created. What we want is for these secondary managers to be able to assign users to themselves so superadmins don’t have to manage the process (because with no secondary manager data coming over in the flat file, it’s entirely manual). Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

oh I see...not sure that’s option for thee types of managers; only direct managers from what I understand, can do this.

Have you reviewed the options under Advanced Settings to see if there are any options there you can turn ON?

Userlevel 4

oh I see...not sure that’s option for thee types of managers; only direct managers from what I understand, can do this.

Have you reviewed the options under Advanced Settings to see if there are any options there you can turn ON?

Yes. I don’t see anything that would work with our use case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Only other option I can think of would be to make our AM’s power users with course enrolment permissions.