Skip to main content
Best Answer

any way to block completion of a course?

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all.

I have a Power User who has a course that she wants to be available, but it has a test that she does not want anyone to take yet. I tested setting it as an End Object Marker & hiding it, but Docebo seems to ignore the EOM & just marks it as Complete anyway.

Any  other clever workarounds? i could make a SCORM that’s impossible to complete, but i don’t want to frustrate users...

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NateC I think she’ll need to remove it until she wants it to go live. Nice part of this is that once she does add it, it will mark any completed courses as incomplete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @NateC a hidden object is basically like it wasn't there at all so without it, the course will always be marked as completed when the user completes the other objects...since there is no “delay” or “validity period” like you have on the course itself, there are no options to limit access to the test along side other ‘active’ learning objects…

Am thinking a learning plan might be an option where you can have course A with what’s available now, and then course B with the test but set to only be visible from a certain date...I think the LP will still track as completed but you will need to test this; it may not…

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab 

I was thinking the LP would be a good approach in most circumstances, but in this case - for a long list of reasons that I won’t get into for simplicity’s sake - we need this to be a course. (this is a small fraction of a complex workflow that we’re setting up)

I was hoping there was a setting similar to the enrollment option that only Admins could enroll a user, wherein a user can only complete a course if the Admin expressly marks them as complete. But alas...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you can do that via enrolment rules and groups..

Create a group that gathers users who completed course A, then the enrolment rule would assign course B based on  users in that group...we use this a lot and assign courses that are used for tracking only (no content, not published in catalogues, etc.) with an equivalency that marks it as completed as soon as its assigned…

you have get really creative sometimes...

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@lrnlab I like the way you think. This should work, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

happy to help...