Best Answer

Approving Observation Checklists Once a Manager is no Longer Active

I’m hoping the hivemind can help me out here…

We have been having moderate success using Observation Checklists as part of leader onboarding, but I’ve run into a situation that I can’t find a solution to. 

Our checklist is set up for employee to complete, but then it needs to be approved by their manager. I have a manager who is no longer with the company, thus is inactive in the system. This has left the observation checklist for the employee in limbo as the checklists do not move to their new manager.

Any solutions for this?

icon

Best answer by tommyVan 22 June 2022, 21:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Did you already change the employee’s manager in users>edit>team members? If not, try that If yes, you might have to reassign the checklist for them to redo. It should route to the new manager if updated there.

Did you already change the employee’s manager in users>edit>team members? If not, try that If yes, you might have to reassign the checklist for them to redo. It should route to the new manager if updated there.

Yes, their manager has already been updated in the system. The observation checklists don’t seem to route automatically once they’re submitted by the employee.

Userlevel 4
Badge

We were testing OCs and I had a spare rejected one sitting on my dash from my real manager. So, I went in and changed my manager to my dummy profile. Under my main account, I resubmitted the previously rejected checklist, then switched to my dummy profile (now the manager of my main acct). The OC showed up on my dummy account’s dash. Seems like if you reassign the OC to the employee and they complete it again, it will only now be routed to the new manager. 

I hope that makes sense. Now obviously that’s inconvenient, to have to reassign OCs to people who have already done them. You could always impersonate them and do it yourself too, I guess.

While that work around does accomplish what I’m trying to do, it’s not convenient and doesn’t help in cases where multiple employees are affected. It will have to do for now - but I’m definitely heading over to Ideas to suggest a better fix.