Archive Enrollments - course player

• 27 September 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

We are attempting to use the Archive Enrollment feature.  We have two e-learning courses from 2022 that the training material has been updated, we archived the enrollments using the date range feature on one of the courses since we do not need ALL users to complete the course again, only those that haven’t within the last 6 months.  The other we wanted all previously enrolled users to complete the course again.

When users launch the course from either course deep link, they are presented with (see screen shot) the old date of completion on the course player screen which is the old 2022 completion date and the option to “retake” - so we are getting questions as to why they need to “retake” if they are showing “completed”.  Is this normal behavior or do we have to change a setting so this older date doesn’t show and START LEARNING is their only option?  Archiving enrollment seemed pretty easy using the features provided, but I am not sure now that this has shown up.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

cant see your images but my guess is that these courses are part of Certification & Retraining ?

Userlevel 1

Compliance.  There are no certificates and we do nothing under the area of Properties > Certifications & Retraining

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

can you try reloading the images? I can't see them..that may help

Userlevel 1

They both look just like this.  Just the two different courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Feels like the record was not properly archived...did you make sure to check the box that says “reset learning data” when you archived? that needs to be checked when you’re re-enrolling the user on the same course and you want to have a new separate record for the 2nd completion.

Userlevel 1

well, I took a screen shot of my actions for my own notes and I did check the “reset the tracking of the course training material” is that the same as “reset learning data”?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So weird - with SCOs - it worked like a gem the other day.

And yeap - I had checked off “reset the traching of the course training material”.

Userlevel 1

And yeap - I had checked off “reset the traching of the course training material”.

Did your course player update to START LEARNING with no “old” enrollment dates showing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes that’s it...maybe try it again if you can still see the old record it would mean it wasnt archived

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Did your course player update to START LEARNING with no “old” enrollment dates showing?

Yes @sherryhall - no evidence of the older record. It was if it was as if the course experience was a “brand-new or fresh” experience. A question - are certifications a part of the story for you with these courses?

Userlevel 1

@lrnlab Won’t that be an issue to again re-enroll people that have now completed the newest version of the course - won’t it flip them to enrolled from completed?  And you are right...I can still see (img below) the 2022 enrollment status’ - so it could be that the archive just didn’t work or complete?  I didn’t get any type of error on the background job - it was a lot of people!

Blub.

Userlevel 1

Yes @sherryhall - no evidence of the older record. It was if it was as if the course experience was a “brand-new or fresh” experience. A question - are certifications a part of the story for you with these courses?

No, certifications are not a part of these courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I would only try with the problem record...if you can't find the original old record (please also check the user personal summary > courses > archived to see if the record is there. If it is and the user is still not seeing the new course to start, I would recommend log a ticket with support