Skip to main content

How do you manage archiving users and their learning records via the offboarding process. I am only seeing information on archiving enrollments. I can set up an archive branch, though are those users still "active' in that branch? Curious how others have been managing this. 

Are you asking about what to do when a user leaves your organization ? Enrolment archiving is only for course enrolments and has no connection to user profiles or branches. Please provide a bit more detail as to what you are trying to do. Thanks.

@Rranney I do four things:

1. Change the status on the account to Inactive (turn off the green check mark)
  2. Set an expiration date (first page of the account)
  3. Archive the enrollments, remove from learning plans
  4. Move the account to a branch that doesn’t get reported from

Are you asking about what to do when a user leaves your organization ? Enrolment archiving is only for course enrolments and has no connection to user profiles or branches. Please provide a bit more detail as to what you are trying to do. Thanks.

I am asking about archiving users/ user profiles who have separated from the organization. 

@Rranney I do four things:

1. Change the status on the account to Inactive (turn off the green check mark)
  2. Set an expiration date (first page of the account)
  3. Archive the enrollments, remove from learning plans
  4. Move the account to a branch that doesn’t get reported from

Thank you! This is helpful.

@KMallette - are you using apis to make their status inactive? Or is this manual?  We are using an api to change their status in the system but trying to figure out how to best archive their unfinished enrollments. 

@kmoede I can mark accounts inactive and with an expiration date via API, however, I mostly don’t. We just have other approaches that have stronger muscle memory at the moment 😂

As for unfinished enrollments, my personal priority is to get them out of learning plans, but maybe leave them in courses. The things you might need to consider are long-term certification tracking, compliance tracking, the likelihood that someone would return to the platform vs. the enrolled content still being relevant.

This endpoint:  /learningplan/v1/learningplans/<LP_ID>/enrollments/bulk  gives me the options of what to do with the courses.  

"options": {
    "unenroll_from_courses": true,
    "keep_in_progress": false,
    "keep_completed": false
  }

Thank you @KMallette ! We have been leaving them enrolled in learning plans and courses and then archive as needed. We have lots of compliance content! So much too ponder 🙂 Love seeing/hearing what others are doing

@kmoede - our summer of curation is on. And actually both things you mentioned - courses / users are things we typically dont adjust beyond archiving older versions into an archive catalog (users are marked as inactive and or expired as part of our integrations with the automation app). 

Learning Plans are a little more involved and can have dependencies related to them. But for the most part after peeling back the onion, I believe we will curate down our older LPs as well too - as they do not get their own certificate. Currently with our use case, we use them as a mode of delivery and for reporting. When that changes, our practice will change.

A shout out to @KMallette who recently went through her deeper dive of curation - she has alot of ideas/concepts to offer in this space