Best Answer

Assign training based on 'WHO' the manager is

• 12 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a group that wants to assign training based on ‘Who’ the manager is.

For example all direct employees under Jan Doe would automatically get assigned training.

I’m not seeing in creating groups a way to add field ‘Direct Manager’ 

I also don’t see in custom report that I can filter a report to only display everyone that is under a particular manager or managers.

I am aware of the My Teams and we do utilize this. But curious how anyone handles outside of the direct manager assigning themselves but auto-assigning.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by kcortave 13 September 2022, 19:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @JenniferJames! You should be able to set this up using additional fields. You can create a rule in your group creation to include this additional field as the requirement. Not sure how your system is set up, but we use a delivered file from our HRIS system and added a column to the file for this additional field. Happy to chat more about it if you want to send a PM. 

Essentially - duplicate the direct manager field on your delivered file, and reference this as your enrollment rule field. Hope this helps?

Userlevel 3

I thought this would end up being an additional field. I was hoping not. It was my 1st thought but was hoping there was another way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I thought this would end up being an additional field. I was hoping not. It was my 1st thought but was hoping there was another way. 

Unfortunately, many of the related attributes like Role level and managers do not impact other areas like groups, so you end up doing duplicate data work with additional fields to cover it :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is a VERY nifty idea. Three thumbs up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Those interested might want to support this idea too since it would get us there (maybe add some details):