Best Answer

Assignment Evaluation - Learners branch information

• 17 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi - I would like to understand how you manage the assignments for Global courses, especially with multiple instructors to evaluate the assignments. How your instructors identified the learner’s location/region details? 

Currently, we approached the branch/group conditioning in our email settings, and it addressed just 30% of the requirement. I’m not sure if we can still drill down on the email settings. 

Is there a way we could include the learner's branch information or location in the user interface (Learner Assignment) or the email settings as below. I think it's impossible. But still wondering is there any workaround for this use case.

The email should say: 

“The learner [user_name] from [branch_information] submitted the assignment for the course [course_name] on [assignment_date]”.

Appreciate your input and suggestions.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 17 July 2023, 16:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not sure you can mix & match the notification short codes (some do work but many do not). Have you tried asking your users to name their assignment doc with the branch name they are from? That tag can be included in the email. Sadly there are no additional columns to display not he Learner Assignment tab.

The only other option I can think of would be to create a custom notifications by branch or group but that could be a lot of work to set-up and manage if your organization is large.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab Awesome!!! It just slipped my mind. It makes it easier for our instructors to select the assignment when branch information is included in the assignment doc name.

Currently, I’ve created a custom notification by branch only, and it took more effort than the others. However, it still doesn’t address our requirements completely. I would like to ask our learners to add the location details at the end of their assignment doc name. By doing this, we are able to quickly determine the learner's location from the email, and our instructors are able to quickly select the appropriate task for them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Not sure you can mix & match the notification short codes (some do work but many do not). Have you tried asking your users to name their assignment doc with the branch name they are from? That tag can be included in the email. Sadly there are no additional columns to display not he Learner Assignment tab.

The only other option I can think of would be to create a custom notifications by branch or group but that could be a lot of work to set-up and manage if your organization is large.

@lrnlab According to the Instructors, this is not effective. The title from the training material tab was utilized instead of the learner's assignment submission title when sending assignment submission emails to instructors using the tag [assignment_title].

However, from the perspective of the learners, once the instructor graded the assignment, an email is sent to them informing them of the evaluation, which includes the [assignment_name] they stated.

I'm not sure if there are any other ways to include the learners' locations in the email that serves as an assignment evaluation. I'm also curious in how other people are utilizing the assignment at the organizational level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you tried using the “assignment name” tag in the notification even if it’s not listed? That might work since it’s about the raining material type...may be worth a try.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

have you tried using the “assignment name” tag in the notification even if it’s not listed? That might work since it’s about the raining material type...may be worth a try.

Yepp, I did @lrnlab. It doesn’t work… The email simply pulls the tags rather than the actual assignment name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Baskaran venugopal shame it doesn't work...was worth a try