Best Answer

Automated Report Generation Based on Course Purchase

• 27 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I don’t think there is - but does anyone know of a way to get a report automated based on the purchase of a course or learning plan?

So it would be similar to a notification, but it would be the actual report that is typically generated from the report section.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 29 December 2023, 15:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree, dont think there're any automation rules to support that...what is the purpose to generating a report with each purchase?

@lrnlab one of our vendors who hosts content that can be purchased has a process on their end when a course gets purchased. Their process runs automatically when we send them that report (and because of how it’s setup, this process cannot be changed easily). Right now, when a course gets purchased we get the notification from the system and then manually run and send the report. Easy but tedious task that i’m trying to solve for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

ah ok...you can use the Automation app to manage this but you will need to set-up multiple reports as the reports themselves cannot be triggered by an action. Depending on how frequently you need to send these reports, you may need to create multiple versions of the automation since it can only be scheduled one/day for each action. In addition, you will need an FTP server where you can post the file and your vendor will need to create a process to retrieve that report. It’s all a little complicated but we do this for one of clients who uses the reports to track learning history in their LMS and we perform the action 4x daily.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082520-Creating-a-rule-for-the-Automation-app#h_01HFCAACJCEWTQC5THVYTMTXGA

Thank you so much for that information! I will speak with them to see if this setup is worth it. Our partnership with them may be ending soon so it might not be worth it in the long run, however, this is good to know for the future!